I'm scanning the CommonDreams Web site the other day, and I literally gasp at the site of a tax plan article.
NOT an article about whose hair looks better while introducing a tax plan, but a short, concise article about Obama and McCain's tax plans and what they would mean for the country.
And then I thought, wait- why am I shocked at this? Doesn't this make sense?
All in all, it bothers me that an article (that makes sense and is totally logical) stands out among the nonsense that's out there. There should be more like this one, explaining policy, but why waste space with fact and that sort of garbage?
(Later, because my mind never lets anything go)
Do editors really think that this type of article won't sell? Because I read it. I know others have read it. So why would a publisher, editor, man with cigar, think that by putting this type of analysis on the front page weekly wouldn't get any attention? Answer: because they won't try.
I also think that we can't blame the public for not knowing these types of policy points with candidates if no one ever tells them. It's sort of a shame that one has to dig to find good information about what could happen to our own country.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment