Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Did I forget to send Joe Biden a birthday card?

I'm sorry, is it Joe Biden's birthday or something?
I was thinking awhile ago about how Biden is largely ignored in mainstream media outlets while his VP counterpart is painting herself on covers and headlines. Today I wander across a few news sites, slower recently because of the economy news (however people are finding ways to tie it to the election), and I find that it's either his birthday, or Joe Biden must have paid off some fact-checker or intern at CBS News.
As a follow-up, this story came from Cincinnati. (Cincinnati Museum Center in national news? WHO KNEW?)
Joe Biden appears to have over three headlines here. A few articles, multiple video/photo slideshows, etc. Mind you, this story is fully related to McCain's leadership abilities and Biden represents the "Obama campaign", not really giving his views on... anything.
I do think that it was a smart move on the campaign's part, though. Biden's skills in public speaking had to be put to use somehow. And what's better than speaking out about McCain's faults? And forget the 2-quote wrap-up. Biden got paragraphs of what he said into this article- only proving (to me, at least) that his speeches are those to be rivaled and maybe we should be listening to what he has to say.
All in all, kudos to the campaign for putting Biden where he should be - speaking to the crucial voters about what may actually matter (aka telling undecided Ohio voters what may happen in McCain becomes president).

No comments: